KSU Essentials of Health Informatics Course provides certified training using
distance education augmented with classroom-based face-to-face tutorials.
In this course we will focus on the underlying themes of health informatics, including
the proper use of information and applications of information technology in health
and biomedicine, including electronic health records, information retrieval,
genomics, and telemedicine.
In addition, the course highlights the current role and
future premises of informatics in health care services in Saudi Arabia and the Middle
The viewpoints of information technology from medicine, computer
science, nursing, public health, patients/consumers are considered.
The course also provides a pathway for those wishing further study (and career development) in the
field of informatics.
The course is taught via distance learning and uses the following teaching modalities:
- Voice-over-PowerPoint lectures - The key material is delivered using the Flash plug-in, which
is freely available and already installed in almost all Web browsers.
- Interactive threaded discussion - Students engage in discussion on important issues using the
on-line bulletin board.
- Reading assignments - The course provides readings in the form of documents, reports, and
papers from the field.
- Homework/quizzes - Each of the 10 units is accompanied by a 10-question multiple-choice
self-assessment that aims to have the student apply the knowledge from the unit.
- Classroom-based tutorials are given in Saudi Arabia and are intended to give participants an
opportunity to have face-to-face reviews of the Course at various stages.
Participants who successfully complete and pass the Course will receive a Certificate
of Participation from the American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) called
In addition, MIELU will apply to the Saudi Commission for
Health Specialties (SCHS) for Continuing Medical Education (CME) points for
participants who are registered with the SCHS.
Course will start from 15, Nov ,2018 and will end on 9,Feb,2019.
Early Registration: before 30th of Nov
Group price 5,500 SAR each
Group price 5,800 SAR each
Regular Registration: After 30th of Nov
Group(4 and more) price 5,700 SAR each
Group(4 and more) 6,200 SAR each
*Transfer the training program fees to the Medical Education Center, King Saud University, AlRajhi Bank Account #: SA7580000281608010000271
* After paid send a scanned copy of the receipt to :